How to take care of Cashmere
We all love our cashmere on cold winter nights as it keeps us cozy. Who would not love the feel and softness of cashmere against the skin? Preserve your favorite cashmere with gentle cleaning and care. Here are some tips to care for this extra soft wool.
- Always clean it before storing it for summers. Moths can get attracted to perfume residues, skin and hair particles, as well as sweat.
- Wash by hand in cold or lukewarm water in gentle detergent like Woolite or baby shampoo.
- Cashmere is very delicate and easily stretches so do not wring it or lift it by the shoulders. Squeeze the water out gently.
- Place the sweater on a clean white towel and press with palms to squeeze out excess water.
- Lay the fabric flat to dry out in shade. Keep it away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Store in canvas garment or sweater bags. Acid free tissue paper is a good choice for storage as it absorbs moisture.
- Do not hang the sweater as it will spoil the natural shape of the sweater.
Enjoy wearing your favorite cashmere year after year!